For many people a hearing test can seem intimidating. Sometimes people are told by loved ones that they should go for a hearing test, but are unsure if their hearing is really THAT poor. Others find the idea of hearing care daunting, as they have not been exposed to these kinds of tests or hearing aids. On top of that there is the word itself – TEST. This word alone can be enough to bring back those anxious feeling only a fifth-grade spelling bee can compare to.
However, unlike that fifth grade spelling bee, you cannot fail this test. There are no right or wrong answers, only answers. Not just answers for our Specialist to use in evaluating your hearing, but also answers for you. If there is a hearing loss present our Specialist will help you make an informed decision about what type of hearing care option will best suit your needs.
If you are unsure whether or not you would benefit from a hearing test, here are a few specific questions to ask yourself:
1) Do I struggle to hear people when there is background noise?
2) Do I have to turn the TV or Radio up to a level that is too loud for my loved ones?
3) Is it difficult for me to hear or communicate in the car?
4) Does it sound like everyone is mumbling?
5) Do I have ringing in my ears?
6) Is it hard for me to understand soft voices, such as my grandchildren?
If you said yes to any of these questions, it’s time to book your appointment.
Ready to learn more about your hearing care options? Feel free to call any of our 8 Hearing Care Clinic locations to book an appointment, or stop by – we would be happy to show you what we can do for you!
For more information on the hearing test process, please read our blog posting: The Hearing Test Process: A Test You Cannot Fail!